Director of Total Rewards – Saint Paul, MN
Lead the evaluation, design, development, implementation, and administration of compensation, benefits, and total rewards programs that align with organizations mission and business strategies, are market competitive, maintain internal equity, and attract, retain, and reward employees spanning throughout the entire organization. The incumbent will provide advanced-level consultation, and make recommendations to Human Resources and Management, and advice employees on compensation and benefits matters.
Required Experience & Qualification:
- Evaluate, design, develop, recommend, implement, and manage strategic compensation solutions (base pay, variable pay, job architecture, performance management, rewards and recognition, etc.).
- Under the direction of the Senior Director of Administration, lead and manage strategic benefit program design and development, benefit program administration, vendor management, and benefit spend tracking.
- Maintain accurate and complete personnel records. process compensation and benefit changes. Act as an HRIS system administrator.
- Document, streamline, and automate processes, procedures, and policies to make administration more efficient.
- Evaluate, develop, and deliver communications about compensation and benefits programs.
- Collaborate with, advise, and influence employees and partners through effective relationship management.
- Analyze jobs and apply classifications.
- Develop metrics for human resources functions, and provide analysis to department and management.
- Ensure that programs, plans, and policies are compliant with applicable laws and regulations. Monitor changing regulations and legislation affecting compensation and benefits. Manage compliance filing processes (Form 5500, ACA).
- Participate in compensation and benefits surveys.
- Conduct special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Commitment to support, promote, and authentically communicate the organization’s mission and goals.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in related field. CCP certification desired.
- Minimum of 6 years in compensation and benefits analysis, design, and administration.
- Demonstrated experience conducting comprehensive market pricing studies and evaluating jobs.
- Demonstrated leadership in planning, developing, and implementing major compensation initiatives organization-wide.
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft Excel (formulas, Pivot Tables). Proficient with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and HRIS software.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent creative and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrated experience improving processes and procedures.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and exercising sound judgement.
- Able to prioritize, manage multiple projects and tasks, and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-up.
- Proven collaboration, team relationship-building, customer service, and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to professionally interact and deliver presentations to all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Thorough understanding of employment-related federal and state regulations (ACA, ERISA, FLSA, etc.) and their impact on policy and procedure development.