Director of Human Resources – Los Angeles, CA
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a dynamic, self-starting HR Director that thrives in a fast-paced environment. As the Opening Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible for leading the recruitment and on boarding for the San Vicente Bungalows and No.850. The San Vicente Bungalows is a members-only private club, and No.850 is a luxury boutique hotel. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Responsible for all HR duties such as effectively assisting management and staff with entering new hires and employee change data , answering routine questions, accurate record keeping, filing, and similar duties.
– Responsible for the talent management of all staff to include, keeping accurate employee count, writing effective ads and posting of positions, contacting viable candidates for pre-screening, preparation and extension of employment offer and letters, new hire orientation and on-boarding.
– Conduct Benefits Orientation inclusive of health insurance and 401 (k) retirement plans.
– Responsible for actively participating in employee morale and safety programs.
– Ensures all HR procedures and processes are followed for compliance and efficiency (information and appropriate signatures on Personnel Status Forms, Leaves of Absences, Corrective Action Notices, etc.)
– Property contact for Supervisors/Managers and health providers for all work related injuries.
– Responsible for accurate tracking and quarterly reporting of all injuries to management and in preparation of Loss Claims Reviews.
– The HR Director is the back-up Payroll Administrator in his/her absence; may be requested to review bi-weekly payroll for accuracy, inclusive of correct timekeeping, meal breaks, vacations, sick pay, LOAs, etc.
– Establishes and maintains all employee personnel records, inclusive of I-9 forms, medical files, workman’s compensation files, and termination files, as well as proper annual boxing of files for storage and easy retrieval.
– Performs periodic audits of HR systems and files.
– Reviews, properly completes, and represents the Company in all unemployment requests and hearings.
– Prepares weekly staffing reports and other reports as requested and/or required.
– Partners with all operational departments of the Company to ensure compliance, maximum efficiencies, and HR best practices and procedures.